Scope of Job:
Responsible for the day-to-day operations of all Water Safari Resort Human Resource functions for 100 to 450 team members. The culture fit is of primary importance. We are looking to fill TWO positions and need outgoing, organized candidates with excellent interpersonal skills who can motivate and engage Team Members of all ages and levels while upholding and enforcing policies. Will work seasonally with team members of all ages, especially today's youth. Family culture/atmosphere, in small office setting.
- General development and continuous improvement of human resource practices.
- Establish themselves & department as a trusted confident of professional guidance and advice for all levels of the company.
- Recruitment, hiring and development of an exceptional workforce.
- HR policy development and documentation.
- HR regulatory compliance for all team members, seasonal, year-round, company wide – paperwork, etc.
- Team member relations, engagement and motivation/morale – incentives, parties, etc.
- Satisfaction of working with youth, many with this job as their first step into the workforce.
- Spearhead recruiting process, interviews and hiring team members who best fit the needs of each department and company.
- Coordinate Onboarding – validating paperwork. (Large seasonal onboarding)
- Spearhead and present orientation and training programs.
- Developing weekly schedules including sizable summer schedules for Enchanted Forest Water Safari and Calypso’s Cove.
- Work with owners and managers to manage seasonal staffing levels.
- Maintaining Team Member data/Personnel file maintenance.
- Maintain knowledge of regulatory documentation and reporting requirements.
- Coordinate Team Member Handbook, Benefits and PTO.
- Spearhead planning of rewards, incentives, and company events.
- Team Member discipline, conflict resolution.
- International Team Member Coordination.
- Assist owners and managers with identifying and executing ongoing training and development programs for frontline and managerial staff.
- Coordinate internal communication process – newsletters, paychecks, memos, etc.
- Coordinate team member housing placement and assist Administrative Director with housing operations.
- Small Office, all guest service/office functions shared by all.
- Perform special assignments, research projects, and prepare focused analyses as needed.
- Reports directly to owners.
Education, Experience and Key Competencies:
- Experience with Human Resources a plus, but not required.
- Experience with scheduling for from 30 – 400 a plus, but not required.
- Experience interviewing and attendance tracking a plus, but not required.
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship managements skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of team members
- Strong organization skills with importance on attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Willingness to occasionally work in the park in-season as needed.
- General Knowledge of HR laws, practices, and policies.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Comfortable giving presentations/public speaking to both small and large groups.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Willingness to continue to learn and develop.