We're glad you've decided to apply for an EMT position at Enchanted Forest Water Safari & Calypso's Cove! Please note, this position does not coincide with the Lewis County and Herkimer County bus programs.
Emergency Medical Technicians (EMT’s) respond to calls for first aid assistance and provide efficient care when called upon for ill or injured guests and employees. EMT’s are a vital member of the safety team and work hand-in-hand with lifeguards, managers, and manager of the day (MOD). During down times, EMT’s will perform general park duties.
Essential Duties & Requirements:
- NYS certified Basic EMT or higher level, current and valid through end of September of current year.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with ambulance service or hospital
- Current CPR for Health Care Provider certification
- Knowledge of current NYS protocols
- Must be able to lift patients
- Must be able to walk for long periods of time
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Respond to all medical calls and care for within scope of practice
- Check with water supervisors to see if any supplies are needed for SWAFR'S and/or Lifeguards
- Check oxygen tanks and regulators daily
- Prepare supply orders
- Check with all area managers/supervisors for any supply needs
- Check AED and suction machine batteries/function
- Assist with general housekeeping within the park
- Provide ice to specified areas for team member waters
- Observe and report/address any safety concerns
- Keep code 2 rooms clean and sanitized
- Fill out incident reports completely & legibly
- Stock code 2 rooms
We expect our team members to provide outstanding guest service at all times and to have fun! Before continuing on to the employment application, please take a moment to read the following criteria. Should you be hired, you are expected to exhibit these qualities 100% of the time while on the job.
- Make Eye Contact & Smile– Say “hello” with your body language. Treat our guests like you would want to be treated. You should have the willingness to speak with our guests, provide service that makes their experience better, and thank them for spending/creating their experience with you. And always SMILE!
- Have a Positive Attitude– You should embrace a positive “can do” attitude, always looking for ways to make “great” guest service be the norm.
- Mind Your Appearance– A clean, well-groomed appearance is essential for our Team Members. Our uniform and grooming policy is a condition of employment.
- Be a Team Player– You should value each guest and fellow Team Member as important parts of creating a lasting, positive, memorable experience.
If you feel that you cannot perform the job in this manner, we thank you for your interest, but kindly ask that you do not continue on to the employment application.