We're glad you decided to apply for a Security position with Water Safari Resort! PAID SECURITY TRAINING INCLUDED!
The primary responsibilities of the security guard are to provide a visual presence and maintain a safe and secure environment at the Old Forge Camping Resort. Additionally, the security guard must exercise good judgment and professional guest service skills, appropriately interact with the general public and response agencies, and maintain a professional appearance. Security Guards may also be scheduled to patrol Enchanted Forest Water Safari to ensure that it’s secure overnight. This includes making sure buildings are locked, ensuring there is no suspicious activity occurring & periodically patrolling our on-site employee housing, making sure tenants are compliant with the assigned quiet hours.
- Performs the protection of persons and/or property from harm, theft, and/or unlawful activity within the limitations of a New York State licensed security guard, referring criminal activity to local and/or state law enforcement agencies as appropriate.
- Physically and visually secure buildings, fences and perimeters, and company property by performing the following duties:
- Ensure gates, entrances, and exits are locked and outbuildings are secure
- Securing the Main Lodge at closing
- Put out keys for late arrivals at OFCR
- Direct guests to their sites at OFCR
- Ensure the orderly enjoyment of campground facilities through surveillance, education and prevention
- Perform courteous guest services by answering campground or general area questions
- Patrol, both on foot and/or with a company vehicle, to detect and appropriately react to:
- OFCR policy violations to include speed limit, beach closing and quiet time
- Fire or safety hazards
- Persons in restricted areas
- Commission of unlawful acts (in conjunction with local/state law enforcement as appropriate)
- Unattended coolers/food/drinks at sites or within campground
- Efficiently and courteously respond to and manage guest complaints and emergency calls and determine best course of action; respond to maintenance calls-handle minor maintenance issues and refer major issues to management.
- Routinely perform bathroom checks to ensure facilities are clean, stocked and working properly; perform general custodial services as necessary.
- Respond to wild animal nuisance calls and take action to keep guests safe.
- Accurately and efficiently provide clear documentation and written incidence reports as required.
- Perform other duties, within the scope of certification, as required for the efficient operation of the business.
- Perform regular rounds of entire campground and accurately report times and findings for morning managers.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Must possess current New York State licensure as a security guard or be eligible to obtain NYS security guard licensure prior to hire.
- Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule, including overnight shifts.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds is required; must be capable of conveying and receiving detailed instructions and important information.
- The ability to diffuse situations using verbal communication skills is crucial. The ability to think critically in emergency situations and use good judgement is imperative. Display excellent decision-making skills.
- Must have the ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team environment.
- Prior security guard or law enforcement experience preferred.
- Able to work effectively alone and as part of a team.
- Be flexible in working changing shifts to suit the needs of the business including overnight shifts.
- Able to work in a high-pressure fast paced environment.